Friday 27 May 2011

RIP Jeff Conaway

OK, I try to avoid schmaltz (though somehow it always catches me up) but... p-r-e-t-t-y dang sad about Jeff Conaway passing away.

During a very earnest all-consuming Grease phase obsession in the 1990s I cultivated the mother of all crushes on this guy for the best part of three or four years (hey, that's a long-term crush when you're a teenager with escapism tendencies!). Hey, I even watched Elvira, Mistress of the Dark for him. And an episode of Babylon 5. And Ghostwriter.

And Celebrity Rehab. Which was exploitative, futile and sad. The man was in a lot of pain. Nuff said.

Best to say, RIP Kenickie...

via here

2 comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

I was so saddened when I heard about Jeff Conaway's death today. Grease was also a huge part of my life and I'm just so sad that he couldn't overcome his demons. But whenever I've seen him in the past years he always seemed such a broken shell and such a shadow of himself that hopefully he's now at peace.

the quirky brunette said...

I agree :( I think, sadly, as many of the comments on Twitter/IMDB etc would suggest, Grease was the pinnacle for him, it was pretty much downhill from there.

Thx for your comment!